You can configure a Lacework alert channel to forward alerts to New Relic using the Insights API. To configure Lacework to forward events, you need your New Relic account ID and Insert key.
To help ensure security, New Relic recommends using different Insert keys for different applications or different data sources. Lacework concurs with this approach.
Add an Insert Key
- Go to insights.newrelic.com > Manage data > API keys.
- From API key management, select the symbol next to the Insert keys heading.
- Enter a short description about the key.
- Select Save your notes.
For more information about sending custom data to Insights, refer to New Relic documentation: Insert custom events via the Insights API.
Create a Lacework Alert Channel
After you have your account ID and an Insert key, return to the Lacework Console and complete the following steps:
- Log in to the Lacework Console with a Lacework user that has administrative privileges.
- Navigate to Settings > Alert Channels.
- Click + Create New.
- Select New Relic.
- Name the channel.
- Add your New Relic Insert key.
- Add your New Relic account ID.
- Click Save.
You should now start to receive Lacework alert notifications in Insights.