To incorporate Lacework events into your existing workflow, Lacework can be configured to forward events to New Relic using the Insights API. Before configuring Lacework to forward events, you will need your New Relic Account ID and insert key.
To help ensure security, New Relic recommends using different insert keys for different applications or different data sources - we agree.
To add an Insert key:
- Go to insights.newrelic.com > Manage data > API keys.
- From API key management, select the symbol next to the Insert keys heading.
- Enter a short description about the key.
- Select Save your notes.
For more information about sending custom data to Insights, please refer to Insert custom events via the Insights API published by New Relic.
When you have your account ID and an Insert key, from the Lacework Console complete the following steps:
- Select Integrations > New Relic.
- Click + Add Integrations.
- Provide a name for your integration.
- Add your New Relic Insert key.
- Add your New Relic account ID,
- Select an alert severity level; Lacework will only forward events that meet or exceed the chosen threshold.
- Click Save.
You should now start to receive Lacework event notifications in Insights.