If using Chef, you can download a compressed tarball containing a Cookbook and readme file during initial installation or from the Agents page in the Lacework Console.
Lacework Datacollector Cookbook
This simple Chef cookbook distributes the Lacework 'install.sh' script to your nodes. The script subsequently installs the Lacework agent.
This cookbook does not contain custom attribute files, resources, templates, providers, or library files. You can customize the cookbook for your environment or automate an alternative installation method using Chef.
For an overview of the installation script, see Lacework for Workload Security.
The installation script, which can be found in the files directory, is also commented.
To trial this recipe:
- Unzip the .tar.gz.
- Review the datacollector cookbook, which contains the following directories:
- Move the datacollector cookbook to your repo on your Chef DK workstation.
- Upload the cookbook to your Chef server.
- Add the datacollector recipe to your test node or production nodes. As there are several syntax options, use your preferred Chef CLI commands.
- The install.sh script is periodically updated. You may want to download a current cookbook or install script before proceeding.
- The datacollector install script itself is idempotent.