Why is the agent count different in the Machines dossiers from what I see in the Usage summary?
- When looking at the Lacework agent usage count in Resources->Host->Machines and comparing it to the information shown in Settings->Usage, the numbers do not match for the same period.
- Lacework Console
- This is working as designed. Lacework billing agent counts can be less than the number of unique agents in the Machine Dossier. There are two reasons for this.
- Lacework bills at the 95th percentile, and the Usage page shows those numbers.
- See the How does Lacework calculate the monthly agent usage? section at the bottom of our Agent FAQ
- Among its calculations, billing uses a query that is not a 1:1 representation.
- Example: The same agent can report multiple times per hour. For billing purposes, we will only report on it once since we only want to bill on the unique agents.