The Lacework Console introduces a redesigned Policies page, which includes the following updates:
- Layout—The page now has a search field at the top followed by clickable filters. The filters replace the type and category drop-down menus from the previous design. Statistics and charts are immediately above the policies list. The new design adds icons for view actions, which are available in the top right corner.
- Search—The search field at the top of the page allows you to search the Policies page for specific text within a policy name or ID.
- Filters—Along the top of the page are filters that you can use to display a subset of policies. You can also use the filter icon and select from the list of all filters. The statistics and charts above the policies list update immediately to reflect the filtered policies. They are not updated for search results.
- Policies list—The page now lists all policies by default (up to 50 at a time). The different sets of policies do not need to be selected in order to display them. You can sort the policies list by name, severity, and update date. You can refresh the list and also download the policies as CSV. Mousing over a policy displays its available actions such as clone or delete. The disable/enable toggle is now visible and clickable from the policies list.
- Saving and copying links to views—When the page displays your desired filtered policies, you can save the current view by clicking the Save view icon. This allows you to access the saved view later through the Open views icon. You can also copy the link to the current view by clicking the Copy link icon. You can then send that link to others so they can see the same view. Note that searches and sorting cannot be saved in views or copied as links.
- Terminology—Previously, AWS, Azure, GCP, Host, and Vulnerability were each referred to as a policy type. Each is now referred to as a domain. The previous selections from the Policy Rules By Category drop-down menu are now each known as a type.
- Creating/editing custom policies—The interface for creating/editing custom policies introduces distinct sections: Queries and Parameters.